Sunday, August 9, 2009

Once More

Poetry that was expressed,
Insight addressed,
Read what was written,
Comment if befitting,
Gratitude is what I offer to thee,
Penned by yours truly.
***

Once More

Again I tell myself it will be over,
Still sanity escapes the sober,
A bearer of burden greater than strength,
Without given chance to relent,
The unbearable passage of time,
A necessary journey to the sublime,
To patiently await one’s fate,
I willingly abandon my present state,
To give it all up for a moment of release,
Yet moments eventually cease,
The heart again teased,
The burden never eased,
What is sight to the blind?
I open my eyes and still no peace to find,
The darkness envelops my entity,
I sacrifice my will to tranquillity,
Anger ravages at my door,
Against my conscious it tore,
Tears of anguish cry out for protection,
Granted only momentary silence and dejection,
Hope has eloped with deception,
Again fed to condemnation,
The heart sings its song of deprivation,
As tender emotion dies from starvation,
The shattered will never be whole,
Continuously the rabid demon seeks control,
I die a thousand deaths with each tear,
Eyes of harrow I shall forever wear.

23rd-July-2009

Photography by: Barbara Fritze

***

Blogging with purpose,
Mariamlelue

No comments:

Post a Comment