Monday, August 3, 2009

Crazy Addictions

Pet Society

“You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living until the escape becomes the habit.” ~ Rocketman David Ryan

Strangely enough I have found myself increasingly addicted to a series of “Playfish” online games. Some of you may be familiar with them. They are “Pet Society” and “Restaurant City”. During these few days of summer vacation when the dull roll of the day comes almost to another boring standstill I began to log in to these games to pass some time. I genuinely do not spend much time on them sometimes up to an hour but I admit I do look forward to re-entering the virtual world of feeding pets and trading ingredients to get the newest recipe available at my restaurant.

It is absolutely alien to me to have this new addiction as I usually take things in a more ethical and time effective way. Yet I am contemplating which room should I re-decorate long after I have left the virtual realm of Pet Society. What started off as a preoccupation is becoming an addiction and I can’t help but chuckle to myself with this confession.
For the moment while the world still awaits many freedom fighters and heroes/heroines I can’t think of a better way to spend a free hour on the internet.

Of course, I can easily think of many other less productive means of passing that time. However it does not mean I have nothing to do when the day comes which is simply far from the truth. In the routine of things we need a hobby to help us re-invent ourselves and find joy in all the small things. My newest addiction is actually helping me look forward to the day and help me remain contented with all that exists. Long was the day when one would go to the bookshop to start reading, now I simply turn on my laptop and start playing Pet Society! Every time I say it, I want to burst into laughter as it seems less than trivial to do and even write about but I feel I must as it honestly is addictively cute lol

Enjoy your time wherever you may be and make the most of it!

Blogging with purpose,
Mariamlelue

Restaurant City
***

No comments:

Post a Comment