Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let's go the Zoo!

“Life is a zoo in a jungle.” ~ Peter De Vries


In keeping with the theme of “summer” I share these pictures of my recent visit to Emperor Valley Zoo. I can clearly remember how many times I tried in vain to convince my family to accompany me as it’s probably been more than 10 years since my last visit. Finally one good Sunday in May, my cousin and I were discussing how we planned to make the most out of the summer and I brought up the brilliant plan of going to the Zoo. As fate would have it, the following Sunday we were on our way to the Zoo…Finally!!!
Enjoy!




“I've actually gone to the zoo and had monkeys shout to me from their cages, "I'm in here when you're walking around like that?"” ~ Robin Williams


Blogging with purpose,
Mariamlelue

4 comments:

  1. Bismillaah

    Assalamu Alaikum Warhamatuhlahi Wabrakatah!

    How are you ukti?
    Long time, no talk again :( Which one is you? The hijaabi or non-hijaabi (blush blush). I htink you are the non-hijaabi right? It looks like you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaykum Asalaam sister Hallie :)
    I am good alhamdolilah and hope all is well with you and your family inshaAllah
    Thank you so much for your comment!
    No, I am the one in Hijab and the girl in green is my cousin Sally and thats my older brother to the left
    take care dear
    salam

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love robin williams quote. and i hate zoos. makes me sad to see animals locked up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment Ange :)
    Yeah Robin Williams is a great person!
    aww I know exactly what you mean... I felt so sorry for the lion :/ walah. I was telling my brother look at what his life is, a little concrete cage with prying ppl taking pics of him and pointing at him. My brother says most annoyingly, if I were him I'd be happy I am getting 3 square meals a day and I don't have to fight for it and I have my own place that is cleaned for me and a wifey lion for entertainment :s ..gosh the way some guys think.
    anyways getting back to the to the topic, yes I agree it isn't right to have most of these animals caged up like this :/
    However I must say some I think thrive well in zoos, like the little turtles and even snakes
    take care
    salam
    Le-Ann

    ReplyDelete